Monday, September 28, 2009

My New Baby!

After almost like 3 years ever since I owned both baby Alphas (A100 & A700) there's no new lens purchase except the 2nd hand Beercan, Minolta 28mm f/2.8 and Minolta 50mm f/1.7. All these while I've been generally using the Sony kit lens (18-70mm) across 2 babies. This lens serve me well through out these period of times.

I've been itching a long time on owning a better zoom lens which can actually replace the kit lens. I had been considering a few options and it's quite hard to decide as the price tag does matter to me.

Until last Sunday, all the longing and waits are finally over....I've made up my mind and decided to tighten my waist belt and bring the first new baby out from the sealed box, it's the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR!

DSC09533.jpg

And I paid the price to fulfill the desire...It's a fast and bright lens which is going to ease me a lot when I'm out on the field.

DSC09543.jpg

The new lens is a lot more heavier than the kit lens and looks more macho which is exactly what I want my baby to look like!

DSC09525.jpg

Handsome can! But the overall body + lens weight is killing my arm...I think I better train myself to get use to the weight... ^_____^"

Not that after this new baby comes into the line-up, that the kitty lens is gonna retire, but instead it will return to its old partner....A100...they must have miss each other for a long long time. :P

Dream Comes True!!!

Here is one of the test shot that I've done with this new baby...

DSC02110.jpg

The lens is sharp and the color rendition is looking good to me. I've also tried on opening wide at 17mm and found that it actually has a little bit of distortion at the side-end. But it's expected and somehow this could be creative at times...

Love it so much...what a good replacement....LOLZ!!! Come and join me for photoshooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment